Sunday, July 1, 2012

.Monsieur Lazhar


Is a stunning film.

I am not saying this merely because I am biased towards French films, but I am saying it because what I have had the privilege to watch was absolute perfection. However, I will rate it 9/10 because that is as nice as I can go.

Everything about it is just different, the events of the production take place in Canada, meaning that it's not heavily reliant on the charm that overcomes one instantly when seeing scenery from French cities, and yet the places are still memorable and the simplicity of them contributes beautifully to a story that is highly complex by consisting of simple details.

The story line is unique, that is the best way to describe it, it is not familiar or predictable, the cast isn't a composition of over-dramatic models, but of absolutely charming people with realistic raw emotions.

What I loved most about it would be the vague connections between any pair or group of people, it keeps the mind interested, and I know I was interested when an approximately 90 minute  movie, passes in what feels like 10 min.

It is so captivating, and sophisticated, it might not interest everyone, but I am certain it will impress most.


0 comments: