Sunday, February 11, 2018

.its where you end up

I ended up in SriLanka, somehow.
It was a very stunning unplanned offspring of the mind, I have enjoyed most parts of my trips, if it weren't for tour assigned driver who was legitimately practicing his speeding skills, and the illness that has overcome me during the trip, it would have been beyond perfect.
So it was nice.

There are definitely a few drawbacks that I have witnessed here and there, but the breathtaking scenery makes it all well worth it.

I have spent 9 days between Kandy, Kalutara and Colombo, we have arranged the trip through an agency which is something that we have highly regretted, as the schedule was stiff and repetitive at many points, there were areas that were only assigned half a day when they deserved a full trip on their own, such as the gorgeous  Nuwra Eliya.

I, and this is my own personal opinion, though Kalutara was a disastrous idea during that time of year (mid September), we were accomodated at a resort by the beach, where no one was able to take advantage of anything, the tides were insane and the weather was relatively chilly most of the time, the beach was empty throughout our stay and so were the hotel pools.

If it were up to me I would have arranged a trip that was exclusively to Kandy and Nuwra Eliya only, they were the only destinations I found worth the visit, let alone the variety of activities you can enjoy there.

One of the main things i have really enjoyed in SriLanka, cuisine wise, which would be surprising to many, particularly curry seekers, is the soft tea bread that they have, i pretty much consumed it as a main source of nutrition throughout that whole trip.

I wouldn't classify SriLanka as super affordable, it's actually very comparable to Jordan in terms of rates, I think it's one of the last destination to be considered for a shopaholic. It's phenomenal for nature and fruit lovers. You will have the opportunity to experience fruits that you most probably don't get to at your neck of the woods, but just a piece of advice, if you don't know what durian is do not buy it, I was hurling due to its stinch, definitely go for the yellow mangoes, mangosteen  and red bananas. 

Here's more visually accessible envy.










0 comments: